Monday, March 26, 2012

Is it possible to insert a PDF File into a SQL 2k Table?

Hello,
I want to develop a small PDF Management System for our Web Insurance
Systems and Im wondering if I can use SQL Server to save my generated PDF
Documents. Is it possible? If so is it suggested? Are there any other
alternatives?
Jorge Luzarraga C
Fidens S.A.
321 7610 Anx 23
"I can do it quick. I can do it cheap. I can do it well. Pick any two."Jorge Luzarraga Castro wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to develop a small PDF Management System for our Web Insurance
> Systems and Im wondering if I can use SQL Server to save my generated PDF
> Documents. Is it possible? If so is it suggested? Are there any other
> alternatives?
>
It would be better to store the filenames to the PDF files in the
database. Otherwise, the database could become too large, or if the
database was to be corrupted, all pdf-files could be lost.
Steven|||> Is it possible?
Yes.

> If so is it suggested?
Typically, no.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2149

> Are there any other alternatives?
Yes, store the files in the filesystem, and their paths and other
information about them in the database.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment