Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is it possible to make a HTTP Post in TSQL? (SQL Server 2000)

I am new to TSQL and cannot find anything in my reference book or on the
internet about how this can be done.
If so, can you let me know how.
Many thanks
TomI am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but in 2k there is the
Web Assistant Wizard in Enterprise Manager. This will create an HTML file
based on your query. You can also use sp_makeweb in SQL 2k. If you are
using 2005 you must enable these as default is set to off. Use:
sp_configure 'Web Assistant Procedures', 1;
GO
Although this feature is still supported in 2005 it will be deprecated in
future releases as Microsoft wishes to focus more on Reporting Services for
this functionality.
BOL in both 2k and 2005 covers these features.
Hope this is helpful
"Tom" wrote:

> I am new to TSQL and cannot find anything in my reference book or on the
> internet about how this can be done.
> If so, can you let me know how.
> Many thanks
> Tom|||Thanks I'll look into this.
To be more explicit on what I am trying to do - I am converting a JAVA
procedure to T-SQL and need to post an XML document. (open a URL connection
and send an XML document to that URL)
In PL/SQL I know I would have to declare a PL/SQL function that refers to
(wraps a)a JAVA method that will do the actual posting. The PL/SQL function
can then be reffered to in other PL/SQL code as though it is a PL/SQL
function.
Can I use the wizard to do this? Are we talking at cross purposes...
"Derekman" wrote:
> I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but in 2k there is th
e
> Web Assistant Wizard in Enterprise Manager. This will create an HTML file
> based on your query. You can also use sp_makeweb in SQL 2k. If you are
> using 2005 you must enable these as default is set to off. Use:
> sp_configure 'Web Assistant Procedures', 1;
> GO
> Although this feature is still supported in 2005 it will be deprecated in
> future releases as Microsoft wishes to focus more on Reporting Services fo
r
> this functionality.
> BOL in both 2k and 2005 covers these features.
> Hope this is helpful
> "Tom" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment