Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is it possible to logon to SQL Server as a different Windows user?

I'd like to stay logged on to windows as myself, a network user, but
logon to a remote SQL Server on the network as a different network
windows user who has an account on SQL Server with more privileges. Is
this possible? Say I'm logged on as network user mynetwork\myself and
I want to keep that open but logon to SQL Server as network user
mynetwork\otheruser.
fumanchu wrote:
> I'd like to stay logged on to windows as myself, a network user, but
> logon to a remote SQL Server on the network as a different network
> windows user who has an account on SQL Server with more privileges. Is
> this possible? Say I'm logged on as network user mynetwork\myself and
> I want to keep that open but logon to SQL Server as network user
> mynetwork\otheruser.
If you have the Run As service running on your Windows 2000/XP client,
you can run an Explorer session as another Windows user and run the
application from that new instance on Explorer. To use teh Run As option
hold down the CTRL key and right-click My Computer on the Desktop.
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment