Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is it possible to install SQL Sever 2005 Developer on Vista Home Premium?

During the install, I receive this message:

"Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or is disabled. IIS is required by some SQL Server features. Without IIS, some SQL Server features will not be available for installation. To install all SQL Server features, install IIS from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or enable the IIS service through the Control Panel if it is already installed, and then run SQL Server Setup again. For a list of features that depend on IIS, see Features Supported by Editions of SQL Server in Books Online."

So, I went to the following and did everything documented about installing IIS 7.0.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964620.aspx

After installing IIS and verifying that it is serving pages just fine, when I try to install again, I still get the quoted error message above.

I am beginning to think that I cannot install SQL Server Developer on Vista Home Premium.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Here's a link that should help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920201

I was experiencing the same problem. In my case, I did not have Windows Authentication selected when I installed IIS. When I added it, the warning went away.

|||Thanks. I'll try it with Windows Authentication selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment