Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is it possible to make linked server from SQL Server 2000 to MySQL

Hi All,
I need transfer data from mysql to SQL Server 2000. Does anyone know how to
make a linked server from SQL Server 2000 (SP3 or SP4) to MySQL? If it's
possible, I need install mysql client software in my SQL Server box. Am I
right? What kind procedures I need follow?
Regards!
-ChenAm Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:29:02 -0700 schrieb Chen:

> Hi All,
> I need transfer data from mysql to SQL Server 2000. Does anyone know how t
o
> make a linked server from SQL Server 2000 (SP3 or SP4) to MySQL? If it's
> possible, I need install mysql client software in my SQL Server box. Am I
> right? What kind procedures I need follow?
> Regards!
> -Chen
http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=18963
bye, Helmut|||Install the mysql drivers on the SQL Server box. You can
download them from:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
The follow the steps you can find in books online under
sp_addlinkedserver.
-Sue
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:29:02 -0700, Chen
<Chen@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I need transfer data from mysql to SQL Server 2000. Does anyone know how to
>make a linked server from SQL Server 2000 (SP3 or SP4) to MySQL? If it's
>possible, I need install mysql client software in my SQL Server box. Am I
>right? What kind procedures I need follow?
>Regards!
>-Chensql

No comments:

Post a Comment